Saturday 24 October 2009


After the flood at CEVA, everyone was just standing around. Literally, the whole operation came to a standstill. I remember sitting in the car for around 2 hours before deciding to just head home. Later I found out that only a skeleton crew stayed that day, perhaps two people. There was nothing we could do, I know when I'm beat...


When the rain started pouring one afternoon, I took this photo from the canteen. At the time, I seriously didn't think we were going to be completely flooded, but this was REALLY heavy rain, it just wouldn't stop.


Our beauftiful yard became a river in no time. Although this doesn't look deep, the rain was totally hammering at the time and walking through this wouldn't have been clever.


It was almost surreal, the rain got faster and harder. When I looked down the side of this window, it was getting pretty deep.


This went on for a few hours, and before you knew it, we were in trouble... Our drains just simply couldn't cope with this kind of weather. It was starting to become inevitable that the weather was going to have it's way this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment