Saturday 14 November 2009


After some quick negotiation with the landlady, I was provided with this device called an "insect bomb." Basically the idea is that you let it off, then vacate the room while the poison kills all insects. I think it has worked, but time will tell. While I had a spare few hours to use, I thought to perhaps go for a walk to the shop and purchase some nail sciccors, because the ones I had in my luggage were confiscated at customs in Australia in case I stabbed the captain to death while onboard. The crap they put you through... Anyways, sure the shop had 'em but they were like $7 and I felt that the pecuniary level was too high for such a readily available item and walked away. For now, a simple method of biting, and then filing the rough edges off, will have to do.
For the record, there was some amazing adverts at the local "foodstore." Some young lad seemed eager to get employment, with the bold statements "WILL DO ANYTHING FOR MONEY" slapped across one of them postcard sized labels in the display. It's refreshing to see, such willingness to re-enter the jobmarket. Quite impressing, I thought. There really wasn't any point taking photos at this stage, as frankly, it's nothing you ain't seem before. One thing I have really came to realise quickly, is that Auckland is not painting a true picture of what New Zealand is really about. Of course there are businesses here and all the multi-racial labour forces, but this is just business and that's the end of it. Soon, I am heading for Coromandel for a look, who knows, I may just disappear...

No comments:

Post a Comment