Saturday 5 December 2009







Yeah the rain was heavy here yesterday, the vid shows. The screenshot above is a game I played while it was raining, it is good. It is nearly a decade old and pretty damn good, called Eurofighter Typhoon. Amazingly fluid on a netbook, runs total fullspeed.

I was thinking about something today that someone said, it was about nukes. It was suggested that the best use of a nuke as a weapon would be to blow up the sun, as a permanent reminder not to mess with the opposing force, ie permenent mushroom treatment for the entire world. This has me a bit creeped out to be honest, never even crossed my mind before, but permenet darkness would be probably the worst thing to ever happen. Then I realised something, it would probably be pretty cool, earth just a permanent nightclub, with all hours drinking and candle lit meals all over the place, c'mon do it someone!!

The thing at the top is called a phazor. Basically from what I understand it is a co2 pulse laser, which the Airforce has. It's primary use is supposed to be a deterrant, as in a laser beam can be manipulated in strength from either a burn to lethal (I guess burn right through ya) type beam. It isn't new tech. but still interesting. I've heard of chemical lasers before, but apparently the exhausts on them can prove more lethal than the beam, causing the operator damadge. It wouldn't be unreasonable to expect that co2 lasers will become the primary hand operated weapon in future, you know how these things go.

No comments:

Post a Comment