Friday 25 June 2010


Today, I heard that one of the local doctors had done an injury to her neck, resulting in a syndrome known as pain... Now, something I learned a lot of years ago, and at one time, personally was advised I may not walk again myself, but that's another story, and since, I have made a full recovery. A simple but effective exercise to quickly alleviating pain, with regards to muscular pain in particular is this one... If you grasp your neck (no, really) then pull the cranium upwards slowly, to a level that is tight, but not exactly pain level. Then, keep your spine completely straight and let your left arm down, slowly, slow as bro. Now, raise your left arm slowly, slow as bro. Next, perform the same action on your right arm, but keep your spine as straight as possible. Again, pull the cranium upwards and repeat this simple exercise, of head pulling and arm dropping for maybe 5 minutes or less, but make sure to take plenty of time and relax between intervals. Slowness is the key to getting this right here, otherwise, it won't work. When all said and done, relax and lie down for a while, if you can, sleep. Sometimes, you will find the pain is all but gone within 30 minutes, or at least to a level where it is not causing severe discomfort. This tip was handed down from a pro. physio that was handed to me by a trusted source. It appears to work on some back and neck pain quite well, and is the first thing I would try if ever presented with muscular backache/pulled neck, but that's just me.

2 comments:

  1. The local doc thanks you - by the time I read this the pain had resolved to a dull ache and I had some mobility (enough to function at work.
    Tried your exercise Sat/Sun and it has reduced the stiffness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that's good, these bad aches nobody needs. Hopefully, you make a speedy recovery soon, but just take it easy & don't take no wooden nickels.

    ReplyDelete