Saturday 18 September 2010


Back in 2004 I had to go to the dentist with a bad tooth. Being skint, it was the NHS one at the time. All said, the tooth to be extracted snapped which isn't that great. I been walking around with this dead root in since that time, which although isn't painful because the root is dead, is largely annoying and sometimes can get dirty and need antibiotics. The bottom line is it needs sorted, and I had no idea if it could be, without all sort of complications. Now it appears a tool has been in use for some time, which I was unaware the dentists have called a Luxator. It is like a knive that carves out the space between the root and the gum allowing easy extraction of broken tooth. Previously, I believe the proceedure would have been to cut a portion of the gum in order to get rid of the broken root... I do not think this tool has been around that long, perhaps years, I am uncertain, but very handy. Will need to check if the dentists here have them at some point soon. Made by a Swedish dentist incidentally.

No comments:

Post a Comment