Sunday 6 February 2011

Another day passes, this area is getting regular rain and thunderstorms now. Despite constant interrogation by relatives regarding personal things, it is extremely mentally exhausting. I found the IQ test from Mensa a completely simple affair compared to silly trivial constant tit for tat bickering about non progressive subjects.

I am trying to weigh up whether it really is worth staying in Aus long term given the amount of politics and urban rubishness that dominates most places. At the moment, I just haven't met too many of the right people, although there are a few, lurking out there somwhere in the shadows i'm sure.

Really, I badly need a week in bed just to get a proper rest from talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk amongst other basic necessities like the power back on at my house and a job worth doing etc. I am tempted to go mining, but whatever I end up doing, I need a reliable crew that isn't into killing one another by silly mistakes. After 15 years of pretty manual work, I know from experience that some jobs just are not worth the hassle, no matter the pay. When I left the UK, a well paid job came up for me with a good salary near 50K annual. Literally, I couldn't take it, because the weather was so bad, never mind the workplace politics that often goes with the package.

Honestly, im exhausted. Surely a lotta pretty normal people around here will be too. This last cyclone beat the hell out of this town, but certainly it should have been way worse. It will take a month or two before proper normality regains here, despite material things being fixed/replaced etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment