Monday 17 October 2011

So after a few days splitting wood with a hydraulic ram and chainsawing up wood etc doing general man work, i'm sitting thinking where to go from here. My host has allowed me to stay on a while longer, primarily because it seems I will be doing some roofing work, when this damn rain holds up for a while. My little German buddy thinks he's bailing out on Sunday to go and pick grapes or something like that. One thing about NZ, there are a lot of krauts here, especially in the farming side of things - vineyards. I can see it in their eyes they want to pick the grapes and make wine. Not a bad plan, except it rains nearly every day here, so timing is important. Much as I like golf and even if I could afford the horrendous fees here, it just rains to much to get near a course. The last I heard a boat was spewing oil all over the coastline, so I doubt that it would be such a relaxing round anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment