Saturday 30 July 2011



Since all the talk of the new DS3, I have been playing MarioKart64 through an emulator pretty flawlessly called Project64. This game was always fun even to this day. I can't wait for it to come out on the DS3. It was a brilliant (and still the best game imho) on the DS Lite. Until it arrives, i'll just have to make do with this emulated version... Here goes. Usually, playing through emulators isn't anywhere near as good, but on a netbook, MarioKart64 comes out pretty well. Everything is pretty much the same.

I'd maybe get into a first person shooter again, but I haven't seen anything worth getting really into since the first Half-Life. Ever since then, most of the shooters graphics requirements went to ridiculous levels. Personally, I think shooters and most games come out best using open gl. Not sure about Half Life 2 - even although the game runs fine on this netbook, or even a dedicated desktop, I don't see the fun level really increase that much with uber tight graphics. It's good just to see a game that can take advantage of realtively low spec machines and stand the test of time with good level design and sound effects etc. It's been a long time since I actually went and bought a game due to these reasons.

I'm going to personally bet that MarioKart will be the best title on the DS3 and maybe Pilotwings (although the reviews i've seen say it's all over too fast etc). Imho, I wouldn't be surprised if they turn out to be the two best titles, actually worth paying for. Mario was always good as well, but Zelda, for me, was always too big of a game to really get into and finish although I agree it should be given a high rating for mission and level design etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment