Sunday 8 November 2009



Right then, after a night spent in that damn Quest apartment, I managed to score this decent accomodation using a website called wotif.com , basically they are like places that have been discounted for some reason or other and you may find a diamond like I did... This tower block is actually student accomodation for the Auckland uni students etc and I got a rate of $35 a night, which is peanuts compared to the night before of $150 in that crappy Quest apartments. Anyways, the thing about the student accomodation on Symonds Street is that there were no cons regarding about what it was etc. When I got there I bought a Cat 5 cable from the guy at reception and threw him $10 for 1gig of net. The rooms was good and had all the stuff. Everything you needed. Cooker, Microwave, bed (I slept in my coat and wasn't cold), fridge, shower, the works. Ok it wasn't exactly paradise, but the rate was good and the atmosphere in the building overall was pleasant. If you wanted to smoke, there was an official area outside, so all in all, you really couldn't grumble. There was a corner shop nearby, so getting grub wasn't a hassle neither. Now, one thing, basically the entire place was run and filled with Chinese people. I found that, there was a very easy going and pleasant vibe to this accomodation and would reccomend it highly compared to shared rooms in backpackers with old drunks or nutters. After a little negotiation, the manager was prepared to lease me a good room for $185 a week all in, and that is definatly a great deal, to be right in the guts of Auckland at that price, and pretty well looked after is diamond, but...

No comments:

Post a Comment