Monday 20 September 2010




As you can see, this old quarry isn't in business now. The reason I went here was to borrow a stone for lifting as a weight, but will probably end up re-buying that stuff. This little scooter drinks a few dollars of fuel here and there. It's a far cry from some of the equipment we use at work, as per fuel consumption. IE 5 litre vs 218 litre, who cares really...

The weather is getting rainy now, and this place can also flood amongst other hazards, so it's always something to be aware of.

Recent checks of the weather situation globally are pretty dire. I am glad that I am not out at sea just now, I can tell you. Years back, I recall being offered a job on an Arctic trawler to be away for 6 months on silly pay, but frankly, I couldn't be bothered with it. Boats make me sick when I hit dry land again, it's strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment