Friday 18 February 2011


After 7 years of a dental problem inflicted by a dentist, I finally bit the bullet and decided to go loco on it myself. The tooth fragment above is part of what was left of the lower jaw 2nd molar after an extraction went wrong long ago. Originally, the gum grew over the affected shrapnel but over the years it wore through to the tooth again. After playing around with the root I decidied I could take it. A swift call down to the local foodstore and bought a cheap set of long nosed pliers. The process of removal, I recall from a good dentist (I don't like the word, qualified.) The way it is done, is grip the tooth and twist in a clockwise motion (almost like stirring a bowl of broth with a big ladle.) By doing this, it makes the resulting yank out part much more bareable as the gum is all good and loosened up. There is a small part still left, which I will remove under a small dose of lidocane or alternatively a half bottle of whisky. The root is dead, but the gum is a bit tender so this is probably the best way. Just glad this sucker is out. They told me i'd have to go get xrays and probably have a surgeon cut into the jaw to get this out...

No comments:

Post a Comment