Thursday 18 November 2010


OK so, you got to see the rain down here. OMG hard, hard rainstorms. At the end of play today all I could see was thick black clouds/lightning as if someone had burst oil barrels in the sky. When it comes in, you got to move fast because the roads do flood quite often. One day I had to ram the scooter through a pretty deep 1/2 foot deep trench to get home. I though it would probably gash the bike, but at that point in time I truly wasn't caring anymore. You can't get moved down here for 4x4's etc, if the roads flood, it just makes things even more miserable than they probably should be. The cops and ambulance service are probably kept busy enough with these type of things during rain season. All I can say, is that tommorow I will be in the forklift if the weather is going to be like this all day again. It is possible this entire area could just flood given what i've seen is possible with Aus weather. Victoria gets the h2o treatment quite often and the last time I checked it had been buttered over badly about 2 or 3 times this year alone, I mean B U T T E R E D :(
There is all sort of intersting stories to tell you but tonight I am too tired to even do my weights and it looks like tommorow will be very busy again. Containers are flying around all over the place just now, with never-ending lorries. Of course I have a lot on my own mind apart from just business, but in the immediate, basically just staying alive and trying to outsmart the weather without becoming gored on the way to work.

Something that sprung to mind last night which I decided to copyright (C) as my own idea was that of the flying hovercraft (not to be confused with a very poor rendition made by a Kiwi recently.) Nah, a proper one. Check the hazy image for a slim idea of how it works...


The general idea is from the Parajet Skycar, but after seeing the worldwide flood damadge it crossed my mind that perhaps the original concept could be modified in order to facilitate these impassible areas, giving the user even more freedom. In short, if you was honestly flying around in a flying car and found that by bad fortune the landing spot of road was flooded, you'd quickly be in a world of hurt. Cue the flying hovercraft.


The model below is a combination of publicly available models on google sketchup, one of a parajet, and the other, of a concept 8 man hovercraft. Basically I just slapped them together, you know, keep it simple is something I always liked. Credits to them whoever they are for the models.

No comments:

Post a Comment